The Oregon Climate Service
The OCS is located on the Oregon State University campus in Corvallis, Oregon and is the state repository for weather and climate information.
We are affiliated with OSU’s College of Earth, Ocean, and Atmospheric Sciences (CEOAS). and the Oregon Climate Change Research Institute (OCCRI). OCS is an American Association of State Climatologists (AASC) Recognized State Climate Office.
- To collect, manage and maintain Oregon weather and climate data.
- To provide weather and climate information to those within and outside the state of Oregon.
- To educate the people of Oregon on current and emerging climate issues.
- To perform independent research related to weather and climate issues.
OCS acts as the liaison with:
- National Climatic Data Center
- Western Regional Climate Center
- National Weather Service
- Natural Resources Conservation Service
- Climate Prediction Center
- American Association of State Climatologists
On average, OCS handles many telephone or electronic data requests per year. OCS also answers media requests and gives public presentations on Oregon Climate. OCS provides a full range of climate-related services to both the public and private sectors.
OCS publishes a monthly newsletter, highlighting the past month’s weather, seasonal outlooks, weather and climate related impacts and other interesting weather and climate news pertaining to Oregon.